WhatsApp Success Story
“Life is either a great adventure or nothing at all” – That’s what proved by Brian Acton, the Co-founder of WhatsApp, a smartphone app that allows its user to send & receive free SMS and MMS, without ads.
It’s a phenomenal story of perseverance, never-give-up attitude and following your passion in spite of rejections.
The big news in the Tech World as well as in the Business World is that the Social Media giant Facebook bought WhatsApp for a stunning $19 Billion in cash and stock.
While many found this as the greatest deal in social media and mobile application history, this story is more than a business deal, this is an epic inspirational story of Brian Acton.
Brian Acton, back in 2009 was rejected by social media giants Twitter and Facebook for a job. Yes, four years ago he was rejected by the same company who brought his baby WhatsApp for $19 Billion.
It’s certain to become a legendary story of hard-luck, persistence, and vindication among job hunters.
In the middle of 2009, Brian Acton was the software engineer that no one wanted to hire. Despite years of experience at Yahoo and Apple Computer, he got turned down by two of the Internet’s brightest stars at the time.
First Twitter said no in May. Then Facebook rejected him in August.
Here you can read Brian’s Tweets from 2009:
After these rejections, he chooses the start-up route. He teamed up with another Yahoo alum, Jan Koum, to build WhatsApp, that has become the king of cloud-based messaging. This week Facebook has agreed to buy the company for a stunning $16 billion in stock and cash, along with as much as $3 billion in restricted stock units for the founders. With at least a 20% stake in the company, Acton is headed toward a $3 billion net worth once the transaction closes.
He will be a Billionaire as the transaction closes. Being rejected for jobs four years ago to becoming Billionaire, isn’t that inspirational to you?
That comeback isn’t just good news for him, it’s an epic inspirational story for everyone getting rejected at interviews and at work some day or other.
It’s a phenomenal story of perseverance, never give up attitude and following the passion in spite of rejections.
What is my take on this Inspirational Story of Brian Acton and probably yours too?
- If you are getting rejected from a world-class organization or unknown institution, if you are failing in business or studies, your present failure is just temporary, never give up on your dreams because of present failure and rejection.
- In spite of all failure and rejections, if you persevere, if you live life with a never give up attitude and follow your path, then success is what always earn for you.
- Your future fortune can’t be defined by the way you start today. These founders started with low profile until their work speak for them and fortune itself find its way to them.
- If you are failing today if you are getting rejected today but if you keep following your dreams, certainly one day you shine high with the success. And when that happened you not only earn success for yourself but you can inspire a generation. Almost no one has remembered the 2009 tweets of Acton until this big news came and now those two tweets became viral as a spark of inspiration for millions across the globe.
- More than anything, in the face of adversity and rejections, taking life as an adventure is what you all need. Read his Facebook rejection tweet “It was a great opportunity to connect with some fantastic people. Looking forward to life’s next adventure.” It took a while, but eventually, his optimism paid off.
I found this story highly inspirational as so many people are facing rejections at work, interviews and on the path of their dreams every day, but what the greatest gift of Universe is understanding that rejection and failures are just temporary, what permanent is our optimism, our indomitable spirit and a never give up attitude. If we move with these gifts of the universe certainly we will write our own story of success and inspire million across, just like Brian Acton.
This story of Brian Acton particularly reminds me of the most inspirational lines written by Marianne Williamson:
As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give permission to other people do the same, as we liberate from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
As we wrap up this story, I would like you to share this with more and more people and spread this light of inspiration within them.
Infinite gratitude to Brian Acton for his Inspirational Journey and showing light to millions of people across the globe who are still trying to find their way in the darkness of failure and rejections.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
Stay Motivated, Stay Awesome
If you love this Inspirational Story, please share with others via social media sharing buttons below.