In life, everyone wants to achieve their goals, desires, and dreams. Live a successful life. Live and have more out of life. And so do you.
In this program, you have been learning many powerful steps and concepts that will help you to achieve your goals. So far you have created your goals and strategy (Day #3) to achieve them. Identify opportunities (Day #4), and developed self-improvement plans (Day #5).
Today on Day #6, we will discuss PROCRASTINATION. A key issue often comes between our goals and results. People set goals and frame strategies, but when it comes to action, they fail.
Procrastination is a silent killer and it continues to be the biggest enemy of productivity and distraction on the path to success.
Humans are creatures of habit. And we are controlled by our daily habits. Whether we are following them consciously or not. So when we develop a habit of procrastination it keeps us from achieving our goals.
So how to get rid of this negative habit. How do we recondition our minds? So that we can take it in a direction that is helpful, positive and productive.
So here are some tools to deal with procrastination:
- Evaluate your emotions by experiencing on a regular basis. Whether they are positive or negative and how do they affecting your daily course of action.
- For example, if you are experiencing some negative emotions; anger, frustration, depression, etc. some times. Some other times you feel motivated, positive, charged up, etc.
- You must find out why do you feel like that
- How do you get those emotions (positive & negative)
- When you identify the patterns and stop doing the negative one and try to do the positive ones more consciously
- Focus on Progress. Do not set unrealistic expectations or do not get negative when your expectations are not met. Keep trying more, work hard, believe in yourself.
- Use positive AFFIRMATIONS to motivate and pump up yourself
- Prioritise your goals. Work on the most important thing first
- Make a habit of plan your day in advance
- Break Big Task into Small Achievable Tasks
- Meditate daily to stay emotionally calm and strong. You will be able to use your energy more focused way
- Exercise regularly to stay fit and healthy. This enhances your productivity
You can’t manage time but you can manage your life. These emotional and productive tools will help you to manage your life well and so you can use your time more productively.
Based on today’s lesson, here are the activities of Day #6:
Activity No #1: MEDITATION FOR INNER STRENGTH
A calm, stable and positive mind enhances your productivity. Do this Powerful 10 minutes meditation once in the morning and again in the evening or at night before going to sleep.
Activity No #2: PHYSICAL EXERCISE/ YOGA/ PRANAYAM
An Active body makes your day eventful. Do some activities to stay physically healthy and strong.
Activity No #3: AFFIRMATION
Say this affirmation 5 – 10 times with energy. You can save the image on your phone and read it whenever you want.
Activity No #4: OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION
Use the above tools and strategies to overcome procrastination. Do the right things in the right way and achieve every result you desire.
Focus on Productivity, Progress, and Success over procrastination, fear, and failure.
Always remember this quote: “Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny.” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
To change your future, take action and start taking action now. Prioritise your goals and stop procrastinating. Stay positive and stay strong.
Love and Gratitude,
Awesome AJ – Ajaya Mishra
Stay Motivated, Stay Awesome!